I'll Carry You
-Rebecca St. James
I can't walk this road without you
You cannot go it alone
We were never meant to make it on our own
When the load becomes heavy
And you feel too tired to walk
I will carry you and will be carried on
When I am weak
Will you hold me to the truth?
That we can go on... we are carried
Three strands of cord
Cannot be easily torn
With arms stretched out He said, "I'll carry you"
I can't walk this road without you
We cannot go it alone
We were never made to make it on our own
And when the load becomes heavy
And we feel too tired to walk
He will carry us and we'll be carried on
I love these words! These past few days have been really heavy for me... I'm actually neglecting my studies to pen these words because they jumped inside of my head and probably won't remain there for long. But I have just been amazed how encouraged I have been over and over again by the people around me... and unexpectedly. And the above words are so true! We weren't made to make it alone. And he's right there to carry us when we feel too tired to walk and the load becomes too heavy. Let him carry you today... and surround yourself with those who will carry you and lift you up and encourage you. Be blessed.
Two can accomplish more than twicce as much as one, for the results can be much better. If one falls, the other pulls him up; but if a man falls when he is alone, he's in trouble. Also, on a cold night, two under the same blanket gain warmth from each other, but how can one be warm alone? And one standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer; three is even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
-Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
No comments:
Post a Comment